Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Weekend Adventures

An unassuming warehouse in Sparks packed full of unique road cars and... a 1999 BAR Honda F1 car?

Each weekend gives you the opportunity to go and do something out of the ordinary. No work, no responsibility, take some time to explore. Some times its as simple as saying yes to invitation, which is exactly how this weekend began.

There is a business called C & C Automotive Specialties here in the area, and if you look at their website you'll find interesting info on fuel injectors, their projects, and some customer cars. What you'll find if you go to their warehouse is something better. Friendly and knowledgeable people that are willing to put down their wrenches and talk to a fellow car nerd, even let him creep through their shop and take some photos while my buddy who invited me picked up his injectors.

Maybe I'm overly pessimistic about most people, but when talking with some one for a few minutes about James Hunt, or his tube frame 911 gets you free reign to a place like this you know you've found some cool people. The collection at the moment looks as if a person with peculiar taste in cars was asked to choose what cars they'd need to make it through every situation for the rest of their life.

Anyways, I'll let the photos do the talking.

Caged Alfa Romeo?

Wrecked Gallardo sitting around inspiring all sorts of bad ideas, wedged in between another pair of exceedingly old Alfa's

A shockingly nice and complete original FJ for when the road gets bumpy.


The a fore mentioned tube frame 911.



Mercedes 600? I'm not good with I.D.ing old Merc's, this thing was massive and seems like it would command more of a parking spot than a Hummer.
In case you consider a Miata a cheap asian replica, here is your classic British roadster.
What's this?
A turbocharged Countach to complete your Miami Vice Halloween costume and make the girlies with leg warmers scream.
Or maybe when you do Italian you like it to actually be America, like Macaroni Grill. This De Tomaso has you covered.
Or maybe a Lotus from when Chapman was still running the show, sign me up.
The Lotus had Reno SCCA markings and a sticker, but I've never seen it run, I hope I get to some day.




Here are the few other bits of BAR Honda I could find laying around. Notice the "555 World Racing" I bet you didn't know that this is a brand of Tobacco popular in China? It might not be as much of a name as Marlboro or Camel, but it was yet another Tobacco company in F1. Can you name two more? Two more that both sponsored the same manufacturer?
These wheels, with original tires and air were so light that they could be easily be picked up, I was shocked. Think of how you can pick up a 15x7 TE37, no tires, with a pinky. That's about where these are at.



I've got no clue on this one, but it's a Maserati motor. I'll leave you with that mystery until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment